Thursday, December 3, 2009

Putting up the tree

Matt left on the 28th of November for a 2 week TDY trip to Germany. On Sunday, I told the boys if they took a nap and went down without issue, we would put up the tree. They did...so that meant hauling the sucker up from the dungeon-like basement.

When they woke up, the tree was up and awaiting their decorative touch (in shatterproof ornaments, of course). They had no idea that I arranged the furniture TWICE because what looked good in my head was completely non-functional. They didn't seem to notice that the lights on the whole bottom row are out or that Mommy wouldn't look at it too long because then she'd have to figure out what's wrong with our super cheap tree from last year (we lucked into the deal...$17.50 for my 6.5 ft pre-lit tree...).

They had a great time putting up the tree! I've even left the ornaments where they put them, for the most part. I started to help them by spreading out the ornaments to the top 1/2 of the tree, but then decided that it was their tree and their effort and I've left them.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: