Thursday, December 3, 2009

Missing Daddy, Cold weather and imaginations

Daddy's been gone for almost a week. That means we're almost 1/2 way thru. I know the boys DO miss Daddy, but they seem to understand his absence...unless they're in trouble. We had a couple of issues early on where we were re-learning our boundaries after a holiday and Daddy's departure. We're doing better now...

Today, we didn't make it out of freezing temps. Jake had school so that helped us get through the start of the day and Nick had a play date with his buddy Allie. After school was lunch and then snooze. It was at snooze time I started to realize the down-side to not being able to go outside. They finally settled in for a not-too-long winter's nap after an hour or more of fighting it. The first time I went in to quell the noise, I found Jake in Nick's bed and they were having a grand old time.

They took pretty good naps after all that. We've been inside all afternoon and the noise is crazy. I'm sitting in the next room...and the lights are off in here except for the computer. I can see and monitor and I'm enjoying their imaginations.

We had to stop the "comets" Jake was making - he was tossing toys - literally. Just now, they took the last couple of diapers out of the sack...not sure where they ended up at this point, but Jake put a car into the bag and called it Nemo. I had to think about that for a minute...but Nemo and his aquarium buddies do end up in bags - and that's exactly what it looked like.

Since they're playing pretty well, I'm trying to stay out of it until there is bloodshed. Earlier, they had out their child-size fold out sofa and informed me they wanted to watch Peter Pan. It was cute to see them laying on the sofa...but only lasted a minute.

1 comment:

The Neu Family said...

Ahhhh...the brotherly love. Send like they are best friends and worst enemies at times. Good times and great stories:) Miss you all! Hang in there. Daddy will be back soon!!!