Thursday, September 11, 2008

10 more minutes

As bed time nears, we started giving Jake warnings. I read (I know...but as it turns out it was right...) that in a kid's mind, whatever they were working on or playing with is very important to them at that moment so you can't just announce bedtime and go. The more vocal Jake is, the more true this has become.

So, after getting Jammies on and playing with Daddy some more, we've started warning Jake that bed time was 10 (or whatever) minutes away. The last couple of nights, he has totally caught on. I start talking bed time and Jake says "10 more minutes Mama".

I fancy myself more towards the smart side than the stupid side of people - I swear I didn't come up with that kind of thing until I was much older than TWO! Looks like he'll be even further towards the smart side. :)

No comments: