Monday, September 20, 2010

Doing things right...

Usually on school mornings, the boys wake up before I get up and functional and they join me in bed where we watch TV or just snuggle back down for a few minutes.

This morning, Jake came in just as I was pulling up the bed proudly proclaiming he waited until Mr. Sun got up before getting up himself. He snuggled down on my pillows, so I laid back down with him.

Then Nick came in looking pretty groggy. So, we were all laying on the bed trying to greet the Monday morning. I was talking to them about the day, etc.

Me: I love you, Jakey Bakey!
Jake: I wuvz you too Momma!
Me: I love you Nick Pickle!
Nick: I know!

I kind of chuckled...so he kept saying it.

Then we drove Jake to school. I unbuckled Jake's seat and he climbed over to Nick and said "Bye Bud, have a good day! I love you!"

Ahhhh...I'll hold on to that forever, if I have to. I know they'll be fighting again when they get home!

1 comment:

The Neu Family said...

So jealous of those snuggly mornings! Ours are ALWAYS rushed and out the door by 6:45:(