Monday, March 9, 2009

Sad Day...

Last year at this time, I missed the deadline for the Regis & Kelly beautiful baby contest by hours - I thought it ended at midnight and it ended at 5pm - I was very upset. I spent the last year waiting - anxiously since the first of the year.

I put my pics of the boys in - just SURE I was going to New York with the boys. (Occasionally, reality would set in and I would wonder how I would do that with both boys alone since Matt would have to work and Nana is in the throes of tax season, but...I was SURE...so I'd figure it out...).

Today, the semi-finalists were announced - and the boys weren't chosen again. It's very disappointing! I was so sure - our boys are so cute! All the teachers at school think so. Maybe it should be a video contest so they can see Nick doing a fist bump (and he'll do it with anyone around for 5 minutes...) at 16 mos (Jake taught him in the grocery store). Or Jake telling one of his hysterical stories or doing "hook 'em" - we are from TX, you know!

Oh well - next year, we'll have to spend more time taking pics for this contest. We should have more time in KS since I'll be staying home with the boys.

Here were the pics I chose from to send in. I had a time limit -they had to have been taken within the last month. I don't remember which ones I actually sent in...


2 comments:

The Neu Family said...

I would choose them - those pictures (and more importantly your boys) are absolutely adorable!

Gisela said...

I love Nick's curls!

BTW- you've got a surprise waiting for you on my blog.