Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a day...

Jake has gratefully been doing better at daycare - running to play in the morning instead of crying and clinging (history says this will happen until he gets sick again - then the clingy starts over...). His wonderful teacher has been working with him on potty training. About 1/2 the time, he's had an (as in ONE) accident all day - for clarity's sake - that's one accident at school (home = another story entirely). Pretty good, I'd say. Today, she says it's time to start sending him to school in his undies - no more pull-ups. My insides say NOOOOOOO - not all those messes!

I buck up and decide today is the day - we're keeping the undies going. I set the timer for 30 mins to remind us both. At 15 mins - he wets himself. We get changed and before the timer that I didn't reset can go off, he goes again. I'll spare the details - suffice it to say, I had enough clothes to run another load of laundry - and had to because we'd used up ALL the undies at home. All in less than TWO hours...

in between the every 15 min mopping (luckily, we were in the kitchen the whole time or I might be writing from the nut house...) Nick is teething and having a hard time. I managed to get a dose of tylenol in that poor guy, some cherrios and a bottle. Then the glass repair guy came to fix my windshield...

We were all glad to see Daddy get home. We sat down to dinner, quite late due to our distractions. Matt corrected Jake with something at the table. Jake proceeded to tell Daddy "NO Daddy!" Matt said, "don't tell Daddy NO" not the first time Jake has heard that. I thought to myself - we're gonna hear that again some day.

Sure enough, I moved on to get the tired sore Nick ready for bed. As I'm sitting in the living room putting Nick down with a bottle, I heard Matt tell Jake no for something and then that sweet little voice said "Don't tell me NO, Daddy" - I thought I was going to fall out of my chair. Thankfully Jake couldn't see me...

How fast they learn!

1 comment:

The Neu Family said...

You are brave!!! I am not looking forward to the potty training phase. I am putting that off for a while!